Hi I have the T5622 talkabout with a PTT headset. I can transmit OK but I am not receiving anything other than a ''click'' when the other person transmits. I have tested the headset and I am able to recive audio through the connection OK so it would seem the radio my headset is connected to is simply not sending the audio it is receiving from the transmition to my headset. Has anyone else had any issues like this at all. There is no support on the Motorola website for Talkabout radio's at all. Help!! : (
Here a few thoughts which come to mind.
1. You do not mention whether the radios communicate with the headset no on the radio. I will at this point, assume they do.
2. Be certain to have the radio SHUT OFF when plugging in the audio device.
3. Check your VOX settings. It could be your radio is going into VOX mode.
4. Only use the PTT button on the headset. Do not press the PTT on the radio at any time while using the headset.
5. Check that you have CALL TONES shut off.
6. Lastly, if nothing else works, go back to a basic mode, and set both radios where there are no special features turned on. ie turn off CODE, Qt Filter, VOX, Call Tones, etc.
Here is a link to the manual: http://www.giantintl.com/RadioPDFs/Outdated%20Manuals/T56XX_57XX_User_Manual_E.pdf
Best regards. Read More At : Talkabout T5720 (7 Channels) 2-Way Radio...