How do I use a cloning cable to program a hand held MT1000
(The content of radio A is to be duplicated into radio B)
1. Turn off radio A and turn on radio B.
2. Connect the cloning cable (NKN6376A) to the Universal Connector of both radio A and radio B.
3. Place the PL switch on radio A to the carrier squelch position for full cloning, or the PL position for partial cloning. Full cloning will duplicate the content of radio A to radio B, except for the deviation and squelch settings. Partial cloning is recommended due to deviation variations from radio to radio. (Later version MT1000's (B model for 6, 16, and 99 channel portables; A model for 8 channel) have partial cloning.)
4. Simultaneously depress the PTT and Monitor button on radio A and hold.
5. Turn on radio A. The green LED turns off. Release the PTT and the Monitor button on radio A (HT600's and older MT1000's (A model for 16 and 99 channel portables) beep when cloning is complete). Turn radios "off and on" to reset.
6. Cloning is complete once the green LED turns off. Release both the PTT and Monitor button on radio A. Turn radio A off and on to reset.
For MDC front covers (NTN5456, NTN5457, NTN5458, NTN5459, and NTN6009B), make sure that radio B is turned on before it is connected to the cloning cable.
All VHF wideband radios (146-174MHz) are "C" model radios. A "C" model radio can be cloned only to/from another "C" model radio. An attempt to clone a "C" model radio to an "A" or "B" model radio will result in an unsuccessful cloning attempt.
Any unsuccessful cloning attempt (depending on operating condition of the radio) will result in one of the following alerts:
1. in receive (rotary radio) - 1600Hz continuous alert tone
2. in receive (display radios) - 88 displayed on LCD
3. in transmit - 1600Hz beeping alert tone Read More At : For MT1000 MTX800 MTX90010v 1200mAh NiCd Battery 2-Way Radio...